Updated and Effective Date: APRIL 27, 2023
SkySpecs, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “SkySpecs”) are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive user experience while using our website, Horizon Blade Management, Horizon CMS, and Horizon FAM, including the Horizon mobile app, (together, “Solutions”).
What Personal Information Does SkySpecs Collect?
The type of Personal Information that we collect is dependent upon the business context upon which it was collected. Some of the information we collect may include:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to our website, Solutions, SkySpecs marketing materials, including through third-party tools, and through our Career portal. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, physical address, location information, your IP address, financial information (such as bank details or credit cards for payment information), educational and professional history, and contents out your communications with us (including emails or customer services interactions).
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of Personal Information about your use of our website and Solutions, including login, email address, and password; device identifiers and telemetry (such as IP or MAC address); the location of your device or computer; referring URL; browser, and operating system; and interaction with products, content, and services available through SkySpecs Solutions. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses SkySpecs Solutions and other content served by or on behalf of SkySpecs on other websites.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as social media networks and commercial data vendors.
How Does SkySpecs use your personal information?
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business; delivering, troubleshooting, improving, and customizing our websites and SkySpecs Solutions; sending notices, marketing, and other communications; and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
We collect Personal Information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Order processing, including billing and payment;
- Customer relationship management and administration;
- Creating and managing user accounts;
- Provisioning websites and SkySpecs Solutions and enabling the use of certain features;
- Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy, and enhancing user experience, communications, and interactions;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly or through third-party tools;
- Managing communications preferences. You can modify your communication preferences at any time. See “Your choices and selecting your communication preferences” below.
- Contract performance, SkySpecs Solution delivery, and customer service;
- Facilitating conferences, webinars, and other events;
- Defending or pursuing legal claims or otherwise complying with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Protecting SkySpecs, our users, Solutions, and others;
- Administering the recruiting process, including setting up an electronic job applicant HR file; managing your application, conducting assessments; organizing interviews, arranging or reimbursing your travel, providing accommodations; processing interview feedback; onboarding; and conducting background checks and screening.
If you choose to provide SkySpecs with a third party’s Personal Information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so.
Your privacy rights
Depending on your location, applicable data protection laws may give you certain rights in connection with our processing of your personal information. If you are a California resident or an individual located in the UK or EEA, please refer to the sections below titled “California residents” and “UK and EEA users” for more information.
Notwithstanding the rights you may have under applicable laws, we want to ensure that you can keep your personal information accurate and up to date. You can request that SkySpecs correct, suppress, or delete your personal information by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we cannot honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your choices and selecting your communication preferences
We give you the option to receive a variety of information related to our business, programs, website, and Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences at any time through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that mailing.
- By submitting a request to email@example.com or by contacting us via mail at: SkySpecs Inc., Privacy Office, 312 S. Ashley St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA. Please be sure to include your name, email address, the communication received, method of delivery (such as post, email, phone call, text), and any additional information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
- For short message services (“SMS Services”), reply “STOP,” “END,” or “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain programs, websites, and Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel or stop use in accordance with its terms and conditions and which are not marketing communication by nature. Where we have obtained your consent, we may also share your Personal Information with SkySpecs business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about third party websites, programs, products, or services that may be of interest to you.
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise engaging or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of our websites and Solutions. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you by posting a notice on our websites, sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Security of your Personal Information
Retention and disposal of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
Like many websites and web-based Solutions, SkySpecs uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our website and Solutions easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to maintain and improve our website and Solutions, provide greater service and value, understand your potential interest in our Solutions, provide you with more relevant ads and other content, and for additional purposes, including:
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use Solutions, which allows us to provide customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Improving security
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interest on SkySpecs and third-party sites
Depending on your location, we may be required to obtain your prior consent before certain cookies or similar technologies are deployed. Additionally, you may always opt out of data collection via cookies.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The “Help” feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither SkySpecs nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Forums and chat rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, communities, or chat room on a SkySpecs website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (such as your public profile and comments) will be made broadly available to others and could be used by others to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither SkySpecs or you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. SkySpecs is not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request the removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, please submit a Privacy Request. In some cases, we may be unable to remove all Personal Information and comments. In such cases, we will provide you with a response and explanation.
International transfer, processing, and storage of Personal Information
As SkySpecs is a global organization, Personal Information may be transferred to or accessed by SkySpecs in the United States of America, any SkySpecs subsidiary worldwide (see list of SkySpecs entities in the “SkySpecs Subsidiaries” section), or third parties and business partners as described above (and which are located in various jurisdictions around the world).
By using our websites and Solutions or providing any Personal Information to us you acknowledge and understand that your Personal Information may be processed and stored in a jurisdiction outside of the jurisdiction in which you are located, where data protection standards may differ.
SkySpecs protects and enables the global transfer of Personal Information in compliance with legal requirements, including by relying on contractual clauses and safeguards such as SkySpecs’ intercompany agreements and customer and vendor contracts which incorporate the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses and UK International Data Transfer Addendum, as applicable and required. For more information about such data transfers or the safeguards that SkySpecs has in place, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK and EEA Users
If you are located in the United Kingdom (UK) or the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have additional rights in connection with the processing of your Personal Information. Accordingly, the additional disclosures set out below are for the attention of UK and EEA based individuals.
Ⅰ. Information about SkySpecs’data processing roles
- SkySpecs acts as a “data controller” in connection with the processing of your Personal Information submitted to or collected via the wesbite, as well as in connection with the administration of customer relationships. When SkySpecs is acting as a “data controller,” you can exercise your data subject rights (see below) directly with SkySpecs.
- SkySpecs acts as a “data processor” when it processes Personal Information on behalf of an enterprise customer (e.g., in the deliverance of a service to the enterprise customer’s end-users). When SkySpecs is acting as a “data processor,” SkySpecs may direct you to the relevant data controller should you wish to exercise certain data subject rights (as per the data controller’s instructions or requirements).
Ⅱ. Lawful bases for data processing
|Purpose||Lawful basis for processing|
Order processing, including billing and payment
Order processing, including billing and payment
Customer relationship management and administration
Performance of a contract, legal obligation, legitimate interest (to keep our records updated and to understand how customers use our products/services)
Creating and managing user accounts
Performance of a contract
Provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling the use of certain features
Performance of a contract
Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy, and enhancing user experience, communications, and interactions
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy, to help our business grow, to define types of customers for our products and services)
Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from SkySpecs or from our subsidiaries
Necessary for our legitimate interest, where Direct Marketing is permissible under the lawful basis of legitimate interest. Where applicable under relevant jurisdiction, consent will be used as the lawful basis.
Managing communications preferences.
Legal obligation Consent
Contract performance, Solution delivery, and customer service
Performance of a contract
Facilitating conferences, webinars, and other events
Defending or pursuing legal claims or otherwise complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
Protecting SkySpecs, our users, Solutions, website, and others.
Legal obligation - Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud)
Ⅲ. Your data subject rights
Right of Access. You have the right to know what Personal Information about you, and to obtain a copy of such Personal Information
Right to Correct. If you find out that your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that we correct it.
Right to be forgotten. You may require that we erase your Personal Information where certain grounds apply (including where we no longer require the Personal Information for the purpose for which it was collected or where we relied upon your consent to process the Personal Information and you have withdrawn that consent, among other things).
Right to Restrict. You have the right request that we suspend our processing of your Personal Information if:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead;
- SkySpecs no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing but is required to keep it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to our processing of your Personal Information (see below) and we are verifying whether you have legitimate ground for such objection.
Right to complain. You can contact us at any time if you wish to make a complaint about our processing of your Personal Information. Additionally, have the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority established in the applicable EU member country.
Right to withdraw consent. Where we process your Personal Information on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time, and we will no longer process your Personal Information. Such withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of our processing prior to the time that such withdrawal was made.
Right to object. Where we process your Personal Information on the basis of legitimate interests you may object to our processing based on grounds relating to your situation. Where we process your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes you may object at any time, and we will cease our processing for such purposes.
Right to data portability. Where we are processing your Personal Information on the basis of your consent or pursuant to the performance of a contract with you and such processing is carried out by automated means, you may request to receive your Personal Information in a commonly used, machine readable format (or have that information transmitted to a third party where technically feasible).
Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access, correction, restriction, or deletion within 30 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Ⅳ. Data retention periods
We retain the Personal Information we collect about for so long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). In certain circumstance, we will need to keep your information for legal reasons after our business relationship has ended. The specific retention periods depend on the nature of the information and why it is collected and processed and the nature of the legal requirement. For example, we may need to retain your Personal Information to resolve an outstanding complaint you may have.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need or legal reason to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If you choose to unsubscribe from marketing materials, we may keep a “suppression list” containing your contact information so we know you have unsubscribed from marketing communications.
Ⅴ. Contact Information
email@example.com, 312 S. Ashley St., Ann Arbor, MI 48104 USA
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and email address along with why you are writing so that we can process your request in a timely manner.
SkySpecs UK Ltd.
Fincovi Services India Private Ltd.